Last updated: April 5, 2023
Please note that the Services may include links to third-party websites, and ZMA is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
Chnages to privacy poicy and practices
If we plan to use personal information for a new purpose, we will inform you and give you the opportunity to opt-out, where required by law or contract.
Types of information we collect
How we use information we collect
- manage Users’ information and accounts;
- respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of ZMA’s Services;
- provide Services to you; and
- allow you to register for classes and other offerings.
- measure interest in ZMA’s Services;
- improve the Services;
- verify Users’ identity;
- communicate about Users’ accounts and activities on ZMA’s Services and the ZMA Site;
- Send emails or text messages to the email address or telephone number you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- process payment(s) for Services or subscriptions;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- maintain and administer our Services; and
- enforce our Terms.
- to notify you about services and other offerings that may be of interest to you or about which you have previously expressed an interest;
- to tailor content, advertisements and offers;
- to provide Services to you;
- for other purposes disclosed at the time that Users provide personal information; or
- otherwise with your consent.
You can choose to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the instructions outlined in Section 9. If you provide us with personal information, either directly or through a third party, we may send you periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, text messages, or phone calls about our products, services, or special offers/events that we think may interest you. However, you have the option to decline these communications without any charge by following the instructions in Section 9.
ZMA and our third-party partners may use personal information and other data to create anonymous and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic and location information, which we use to analyze visitors’ interests and usage of our Services. This information is not considered personal information and may be used for research, internal analysis, analytics, or other legally permissible purposes. We may share this anonymized or aggregated information with third parties, including within ZMA, to prevent anyone from identifying you.
If you use our referral services, such as “Refer a Friend,” you may provide information about your friends, which we use to send them content or links. However, we only use their email addresses for this specific purpose and will not use them for anything else without their consent.
Finally, we may use personal information for legitimate interests such as fraud protection, compliance with legal obligations, or other purposes that we disclose to you at the time you provide the information or with your consent.
Cookies, pixel tags/web beacons, interest-based advertising, and analytics information
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you choose this option, the ZMA Site and/or Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the ZMA Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page, e.g., that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics our Services and to develop new Content or Services. This analytics data is not connected to any personal information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Operationally Necessary. We may use Technologies that are necessary to the operation of the ZMA Site, Services, applications, and tools. This includes Technologies that allow you access to the ZMA Site, Services, applications, and tools; that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security; or that allow you to make use of functions such as shopping carts, saved search or similar functions;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of the ZMA Site and Services to help us understand how our visitors use the ZMA Site, determine if you have interacted with our messaging/marketing, determine whether you have viewed an item or link, or to improve the ZMA Site, Content, or Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using the ZMA Site and Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into the ZMA Site or keeping track of your specified interests or past Content viewed so that we may enhance the presentation of content on the ZMA Site;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third party cookies and web beacons to deliver Content, including advertising relevant to your interests, on the ZMA Site or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and Content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Third party websites and social media platforms
The Service may contain links to third-party websites and social media platforms that may reference or link to the ZMA Site or other Services. Please note that these other websites and platforms are not under our control, and ZMA does not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every website and platform you interact with. We do not endorse, screen, or approve of the privacy practices or content of such other websites or platforms, and visiting them is at your own risk.
The Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media or other platforms (e.g., widgets). If you use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using the Services. Please be aware that any personal information that you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, video chat session, social media platform, or other online forum, or that you share in an open forum, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We cannot control such uses of your information when you interact with a third-party platform, and by using such services, you assume the risk that your personal information may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Information we share
- Business Partners. ZMA may share personal information with our business partners and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. ZMA may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with ZMA’s name.
- Information Visible to Other Users. The content you post to publicly-visible portions of the Services, or portions of the Services visible to other registered users, are visible to such users. Other users of the Services may be able to see some information about you, such as your username, if you submit a review or provide a testimonial to the ZMA Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the other users who view and use posted information.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third-Party Marketing. ZMA may allow third party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities on the ZMA Site (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected personal information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other companies) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-ZMA related websites within their networks. We may allow access to other data collected by the ZMA Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you prefer that we do not share your personal information with third party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 9 below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law). We may access, preserve and disclose your personal information, other account information and content if we believe it is required or appropriate:
(i) to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
(ii) to respond to your requests;
(iii) to protect yours, ours or others’ rights, property or safety;
(iv) to enforce ZMA policies or contracts;
(v) to collect amounts owed to ZMA;
(vi) to comply with records retention policies;
(vii) to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
(viii) because it is otherwise necessary or advisable.
International data transfers
- We will not knowingly collect, use, or distribute personal information from children under the age of 18 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- We will not knowingly ask a child under the age of 18 to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any aspect of the Services.
- We will not knowingly keep any personal information that is inadvertently included in a child’s email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request, if we know that the child is under the age of 18. Any such information will be purged promptly after the issue has been resolved.
- We will not knowingly post any personal information that is inadvertently included in a child’s submission to a general audience contribution area if we know that the child is under the age of 18. Upon notice to us, these submissions will be deleted and such submissions will be handled anonymously thereafter.
- We will not knowingly provide any direct link to websites that are unsuitable for minors.
- California residents may request information regarding ZMA’s disclosure of personal information (such as your name and contact information) to third parties who wish to contact you or send you promotional information about their products and services directly (as compared to when the third party is acting on our behalf or you have provided your personal information as part of a co-promotion by ZMA and the third party). If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of information regarding our disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, please send us a letter at:
- If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of the ZMA services, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted on the Services. To make this request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a detailed description of the specific content or information you would like to remove. Please note that this removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the ZMA services by you as there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with additional rights as described below. Please note your right to know and right to delete are subject to certain exceptions under the CCPA.
- Disclosures About Your Personal Information. We collect the following categories of personal information, as defined in the CCPA, from or about you and may have disclosed this information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers, such as your name, IP address, email, and other similar identifiers;
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records provision, such as payment information;
- Characteristics about you, such as age and gender;
- Commercial information, such as the ZMA subscription(s) you purchase;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your activity on the ZMA Site;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or other similar information; and
- Inferenced-based on the information we collect from or about you which we use to better understand your preferences and behavior, including advertising for you.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you as well as information about how we collect, use, disclose, and “sell” personal information.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about you and your account. Please note that requesting deletion will require the cancellation and deletion of your account which, upon completion, cannot be undone.
- Right to Opt Out of “Sale.” ZMA may disclose certain information about you if you are a registered user of the Services for purposes that may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. For example, we may disclose information to advertising partners, advertising technology companies, and companies that perform advertising-related services in order to provide you with more relevant advertising tailored to your interests on the Services. This information may include identifiers such as your IP address, advertising identifiers, your email address (in a de-identified or hashed form), age and gender, your internet or other electronic network information such as your interaction with an ad, and geolocation data. To learn more, including about your opt out choices, please click here.
- How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
- We provide these rights, subject to a verifiable consumer request, to account holders regarding personal information collected by us in connection with your account. To submit a request to exercise these rights, send us an email at email@example.com. You will be required to verify your request via your ZMA account credentials and/or by other means. You can also call us at 775-824-0400 to speak with one of our representatives.
- If you are not a registered user of the ZMA services and do not have ZMA account credentials, please note we have limited information about you. You will be required to verify your request, including by providing your name and the email that you believe we have collected about you. Please click here to make a request.
- You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Please click here to make a request as an authorized agent.
- If you choose to exercise any of these rights, you will not receive different prices or quality of services unless permitted by applicable law, including if those differences are reasonably related to your information. For example, if you exercise your right to opt out of “sale,” the ads you view may not be as tailored to your interests. For questions or concerns about how to exercise these rights and choices, please visit our help center.